Sunday, February 24, 2013

LAchinga

This past week was a bit difficult. Not really sure why, but I figured out part of it was that I really am living in LAchinga, meaning, really, really far away from everything not Niassa. It takes two days to get out of the province and the better part of a day to get to most places in the province. Starting to feel a bit isolated.
BUT, a perk of Lichinga (since it's the provincial capital) is that I have pretty excellent cell service and fairly reliable internet. So instead of moping about how difficult it is to visit other volunteers, I'm going to take advantage of those perks and try to just talk to other PCVs more. Also, post on this blog more, so I feel like less of an abstract off here in Mozambique to everyone back in the states.
My goal? One (small) post each day this week, to get me in the habit of writing on here a bit more. Might also try to figure out the whole 'comments' thing that people have mentioned to me.

And on a different note, epah! It's almost March! I've been in Mozambique for about five months already!

Oh, and the kittens and puppy say 'hi'
Discovered last night that xima with pumpkin mixed in is apparently passing pet food, so with half our quintal covered in abóbora plants, I don't think we have to worry too much about feeding the animals!

No comments:

Post a Comment